Sunday 29 March 2015

Clocks change; filofax change

Actually, the change is much less to do with the move to BST than the fact that the de Villiers is getting damaged, but I did make the change at the same time as we 'lost' an hour!

The de Villiers is still glorious and still in many ways the perfect size for me, but I noticed last week that the spine of the binder has been cut by the ring mechanism...

It looks worse in this zoom-in!

and that the stitching on the back inside cover is coming undone...

Stitching coming undone

So, I decided that it should have a rest. I've swapped into the wine Holborn (the brown one has gone to a new home) but I can imagine that I will be in a Baroque again soonish. The set-up is exactly the same as it was a couple of weeks ago (see 'How have I ended up using four things for planning?') except since I have the space I have put all of the WO2P diary for 2015 in.

I don't really know what to do about the de Villiers. The rest of the binder is great (well used by a previous owner but still great) but I don't want its injuries to get any worse. Any suggestions?

Anyone else changing set-up with the move to 'summer-time'?

3 comments:

  1. I got an Iconic 6 month planner and I'm in love with it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you want to do a guest post on here about it??

      Delete
  2. Hi Amanda, that's a real shame about the de Villiers. I remember that it had a crease on the spine when I had it, but I guess it's just worn through with more use due to its age. I'd recommend taking it to a cobbler's shop as my local one did a great repair on my A5 Ascot: http://philofaxy.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/some-tlc-and-repair-for-ascot.html
    I was very happy with the result & it was only £5 :)

    ReplyDelete