Saturday 21 February 2015

Washi!

I have a problem.

Well, I have LOTS of problems, but the one I'm wittering on about today is this: I love washi tape but, I find decorating my diary pages with it troublesome because it clutters the page up too much for me.

I love seeing pictures of other people's highly decorated diary pages and have thought in the past how great it would be to do the same and then after a week of it I think, "I can't see the wood for the trees" and stop.

I solved the dilemma a bit with the diary inserts I used last year, by putting just a bit of washi tape on the top corner to indicate different months - it was enough to make the pages a bit more colourful but it was tucked away enough for me to see the diary. However, this year's diary inserts don't have the same kind of space at the top (I'm using the Davinci Tomoe River ones... see here for details) so they have stayed undecorated.

Until now...

I spotted some really skinny washi tape on eBay at thelovelydesk (no affiliation, just letting you know where I got it all from; also check out their website - link in the list of places to shop on the right here).
[click to enlarge the pictures]
Two sets of skinny washi (6mm width)
Both of these sets are metallic

Why did I want such skinny tape? Well, the diary pages I'm using have eight equally-sized spaces - Monday to Sunday and then a box labelled 'memo' which doesn't stand out enough, so I am using the skinny washi tape to put a patterned line between the end of the Sunday space and the memo space, both to emphasise the memo box and to add just a touch of pattern. Much wider than 6mm and it would have taken up too much space.

Ta da!!

Three examples with the washi tape separating off the memo box

What do you think??

[Oh, I also bought some humongously wide tape with recipes on, but that's not for the diary, that's just to put on letters to friends but I thought I would share anyway.

recipe washi!
(the width is the width of one recipe)

And having discovered their website, I may possibly have just ordered a load more stuff.

Moving along...]

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel with this, I have a lot of washi tape too but I hate decorating my planner with it. I do like to use it for wrapping gifts though. Also I would like to tell you I have been reading your blog for a long time now, without ever commenting, and your planning system posts have helped me a lot in thinking about my own planning. Thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you for stopping by and commenting. And congratulations on now being Dr GirlInMaths! Woo Hoo!
      I'm glad my ramblings have been helpful. If you ever wanted to do a guest post on your planning I would be more than happy.
      A.x

      Delete